Recipe Provided ByAmerican Lamb Board
- 4 racks American Lamb ribs
- Olive oil
- 1 cup Middle Eastern Grilling Rub (recipe follows)
- 1-1/2 cups Spicy Peach-Mustard Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
Middle Eastern Grilling Rub (1+ cup):
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Spicy Peach Mustard Dipping Sauce (1-1/2 cups):
- 1 cup peach or mango jam or marmalade
- 1/3 cup coarse mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons middle eastern grilling rub
Brush each lamb rack with oil. Generously sprinkle 1/4 cup Middle Eastern Grilling Rub on each side of racks; gently rub to adhere.
Place lamb on a metal rack on sheet pans (2 lamb racks per sheet pan); cover with foil. Roast at 300°F 1-1/2 hours. Remove foil and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes until ribs begin to brown and caramelize. Remove from heat and cool. Cover and chill ribs.
For the Middle Eastern Grilling Rub: In a dry skillet, add paprika, cumin, ginger, coriander, allspice, black pepper, oregano, cinnamon and red pepper. Cook over a low heat for several minutes until mixture begins to lightly smoke. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in sugar and salt. Place in a covered container; hold until ready to use.
For the Spicy Peach Mustard Dipping Sauce: In a saucepan, simmer jam, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest and Middle Eastern Grilling Rub over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cover and chill.
To Serve: Grill cooked lamb ribs over medium heat on grill until slightly charred and crunchy. Cut each lamb rack into individual ribs, about 9 ribs per rack. Serve 3 ribs per serving with Spicy Peach Mustard Dipping Sauce.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest