Recipe Provided ByChef Manish Tyagi
5 to 8
- 2 American Lamb racks, frenched
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons, divided lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 3/4 cup hung yogurt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons rice bran or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- Radishes for garnish (optional)
Cut lamb racks into single- and/or double-bone chops. Apply salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ginger and garlic to chops; set aside for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, cream, oil, coriander, cumin, garam masala and chili paste. Transfer lamb chops to the bowl and apply marinade; cover and let sit for 30 to 60 minutes.
Grill chops until tender, or if cooking in a tandoor, arrange chops in the skewers and cook. Remove from grill or tandoor. Garnish with fresh radish slices.
Chef’s tip: This dish is a full package of flavor. Yogurt and spices make the lamb chops melt-in-your-mouth tender. They’re delicious paired with mint chutney and onion rings.