Recipe Provided By"Dr Sabrina Falquier"
American Lamb Patties
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- ½ cup canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed and lightly mashed
- ½ cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 5 hamburger buns (1 per person), ideally whole wheat
- 5 whole lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Feta cheese, crumbled or sliced (optional)
- Grilled zucchini and red peppers (optional)
Mix the lamb, beans, mushrooms, onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Using the mixture, make 5 patties, even in size.
Heat grill or griddle on medium-high heat. Oil grates or griddle slightly. Place the patties on the cooking surface and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on other side until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. These burgers can stick more than usual burgers because of the added ingredients in the patty, so the oiling helps.
To serve: Place burger on bun, top with lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, grilled zucchini and peppers (if using).
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest