Recipe Provided By"Platings and Pairings"
- 8 1-inch-thick American loin lamb chops, (about 2 pounds)
- Fresh cilantro (chopped) for garnish
- Roasted peanuts (chopped) for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
In a food processor or blender combine all peanut sauce ingredients and process until smooth.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the chops for 4 minutes per side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a chop registers 125-130 degrees F for medium-rare*.
* The USDA recommends cooking lamb to an internal temperature of 145F with a 3-minute rest.
Transfer the chops to a platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and chopped peanuts, if desired. Serve with peanut sauce on the side.