Recipe Provided ByAmerican Lamb Board
1 hr 15 min
- 1 American Lamb leg (about 3 pounds), deboned, butterflied, trimmed of visible fat
Kale and Pomegranate Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups baby kale
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds or sliced red grapes
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Marinade: In a large plastic zip-top bag, combine pomegranate juice, oil, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper. Add lamb to marinade in bag; refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
Remove lamb from marinade; pat dry.
Heat gas grill to high; scrape grates clean and brush with oil. Grill lamb, fat side down, over medium-high heat 25 to 35 minutes total, turning halfway through cooking. Cook to desired doneness, about 145°F for medium-rare and 160°F for medium. Remove lamb from grill and loosely cover with foil; let rest about 15 minutes and thinly slice.
For the Kale and Pomegranate Salad: In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add kale, fennel and pomegranate seeds or grapes; toss to coat.
To serve, arrange dressed salad on a platter; top with sliced lamb, Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest