Recipe Provided By"Joel Gamoran"
For the Pickled vegetables:
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 medium carrots, (shaved into ribbons)
- 1 English cucumber, (shaved into ribbons)
- 1 jalapeno, (sliced), (optional)
For the burger:
- 1 pound American ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, (minced)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 3 teaspoon sriracha, (divided)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 kaiser buns, or brioche buns
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
In a large bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar and a big pinch of salt until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the carrots, cucumbers and jalapenos and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the vegetables to pickle.
In a separate bowl mix together the ground lamb, garlic, ginger, green onions, fish sauce, honey, lime zest and 1 teaspoon of sriracha and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties.
Place on the hot grill and cook for 5 minutes per side, until an internal temperature of 150 degrees F is reached*. Remove to a plate and allow the burgers to rest for 2-3 minutes.
* Note: The USDA recommends ground lamb reach an internal temperature of 160F.
While the burgers are resting, stir together the remaining 2 teaspoons of sriracha and the mayonnaise.
Spread some of the sriracha mayonnaise onto the bottom and tops burger buns. To the bottom bun, place the cooked lamb burger and a handful of the pickled vegetables. Finish the burger with the fresh cilantro leaves and the top burger bun.