Recipe Provided By"TheCuriousPlate"
- 1 large baguette, (cut into 12 1/4 -inch slices)
- 1/2-pound ground American lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground to taste
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 8 ounces whole-milk Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, (divided)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Fresh basil, (for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and cook until slightly golden, about 8 minutes. Set the sheet pan aside.
In a large skillet preheat to medium-high heat, add the ground lamb. Using a wooden spoon, break up the lamb and cook until the internal temperature of 160 degrees F is reached*.
* Note: USDA recommends ground lamb reach an internal temperature of 160F.
Next, add in the dried oregano, Kosher salt, pepper, and marinara sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl combine 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and Ricotta cheese. Take this mixture and spread it on top of each crostino. Next, top the cheese mixture with some of the lamb sauce followed by remaining Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella. Return the crostini to the oven and let the cheese melt for about 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and place on a platter. Garnish with fresh basil.