Recipe Provided By"Well-Seasoned Studio"
- 5-7 pounds boneless leg of American lamb
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard grainy
- 1 lemon, (juiced and zested)
- 5 cloves garlic, (thinly sliced)
- 4 whole rosemary sprigs
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Make the marinade. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl, then whisk to combine.
Marinate the lamb. Place lamb leg in a container, then pour the marinade on top. Seal tightly, then refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Smoke the lamb. Turn on the smoker and heat to a temperature of 225F for 10-15 minutes. Place the marinated leg of lamb directly on the grates (reserving any excess marinade), then insert the probe*.
* The USDA recommends an internal temp of 145 degrees F, with at least a 3-minute rest.
Baste the lamb. Baste the lamb leg with reserved marinade every 30-45 minutes. When the lamb gets to the correct temperature, remove from the heat and loosely cover with foil.
Allow the meat to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving it, (or up to 1 hour — it can be served at room temperature), then thinly cut it into 1/4 " slices and serve.