Recipe Provided By"Running to the Kitchen"
4 to 6
Lamb and Onions
- 6 American Lamb loin chops
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 15 cipollini onions, peeled
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Tarragon Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the American Lamb and Onions: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and butter. Liberally season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Once hot, add onions to the skillet; let brown on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip onions over; cover skillet, let brown on the other side 3 to 5 minutes. Remove lid from skillet. Place lamb chops among the onions; cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For the Tarragon Honey Mustard Sauce: In a food processor, combine tarragon, Dijon mustard, stone ground mustard, vinegar, honey, lemon zest and garlic. With the processor running, drizzle in olive oil; process until well blended.
Serve the lamb chops and onions with the Tarragon Honey Mustard Sauce.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest