Recipe Provided By"Platings & Pairings"
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide rice noodles, (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, (minced)
- 1 pound American lamb shoulder, (thinly sliced)
- 3 green onions, (roughly chopped)
- 1 yellow onion, (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 serrano pepper, (finely chopped), optional
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Chili oil, for serving
Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Turn the heat to high and add the sliced lamb. Stir-fry the lamb until just browned. Add the ground spice mixture, green onions, yellow onion, serrano pepper, soy sauce, chili oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and sugar. Let cook for about 5 minutes*, adding a splash of water if the mixture becomes too thick.
Add the cooked noodles to the skillet, adding additional pasta cooking liquid if needed and toss to coat. Season with salt, if needed.