Recipe Provided By"The Curious Plate"
4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pounds ground American Lamb
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans medium-spice chili beans, drained
- 1 can mild-spice chili beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Jalapeños, for garnish
- Cornbread, for garnish
In a large pot over medium heat, add oil. Add garlic, green peppers, and onions; sauté for about 5 minutes.
Once vegetables have softened, add American lamb; cook until lamb is no longer pink. Add tomatoes, chili beans, salt, pepper, chili powder, celery seed, paprika, and cumin; bring to simmer.
Once bubbling, reduce heat to low; let sit for about 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, cheese, jalapeños, and cornbread as desired.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest