Recipe Provided ByJenna Johansen, Innovation Chef
- 5 pounds braised American Lamb shoulder, shredded
- 1-1/2 gallons julienned yellow onions
- 3 quarts red bell peppers, julienned, seeded
- 3 quarts green bell peppers, julienned, seeded
- 3 quarts Poblano peppers, julienned, seeded
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 6 cups white wine
- 2 to 8 cups vegetable stock
- 3 #10 cans peeled Roma tomatoes
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons piment d’Espelette (or hot paprika)
In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onion until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add bell peppers, Poblano peppers and garlic; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Deglaze with white wine; add vegetable stock if necessary to keep from burning. Continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, bay leaves and piment d’Espelette; stir and cook over medium low heat until flavors are well combined and piperade has thickened, about 1 hour.
Combine piperade and shredded lamb. Heat to 165°F. Serve hot with grilled bread or over rice, potatoes or polenta.