Recipe Provided ByChef Jesse Griffiths
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless American Lamb loin, trimmed of all silver skin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small lime juice and zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried guajillo pepper
- Pinch ground soft cinnamon
- 24 green onions, trimmed
- 24 small ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 4 small lime juice
Season the lamb loin with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice and zest; place in sealable plastic bag with lamb loin. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
In a small bowl, combine cumin, oregano, chipotle, guajillo and cinnamon; set aside.
Remove loin from marinade; discard marinade. Pat spice mixture on all sides of loin. Grill over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, toss onions tomatoes, zucchini and jalapeños in oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill vegetables, turning often, until well charred and soft. Remove to a cutting board; roughly chop the vegetables. Toss grilled vegetables with cilantro and lime juice.
Slice the loin against the grain; serve with Charred Vegetables and rice.