Recipe Provided ByExecutive Sous Chef Sam Woodfill
- 7 pounds ground American Lamb
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups toasted bread crumbs
- 2 cups feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 ounce finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
In a chilled metal bowl, add lamb, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, lemon juice, parsley, lemon zest, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; lightly mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Form into 2-ounce meatballs. On a well-oiled sheet tray, place meatballs close together. Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- When rolling meatballs, coat hands with oil. This will ensure the ground meat doesn’t stick to your hands and will help the meatballs to brown.
- Serve meatballs garnished with grilled lemon wheels, grilled pita wedges and Tzatziki sauce.
- Ground American Lamb can be used in place of other ground meats in most recipes.