Recipe Provided ByAmerican Lamb Board
- 12 American Lamb loin chops
- 1-1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves, fresh, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup teardrop or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cucumbers, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, torn or rough chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 heads Boston bibb, romaine or red leaf lettuce, separated into leaves
For the Lamb: Brush lamb lightly with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill until marked; brush on a thin coat of mustard. Press herb crust mixture onto lamb; roast at 350°F to 400°F for about 10 minutes until medium-rare.
For the Crust: In a bowl, combine parsley, rosemary, mint, thyme, lavender, garlic, bread crumbs and olive oil; mix together well, until there are no “clumps.”
For the Huckleberry Sauce: In a hot saucepan, add port; reduce by half. Add stock; reduce by about one-third over medium heat. While reducing, add thyme, bay leaf and sage; season with salt to taste. Add butter. Before spooning sauce on plate, add huckleberries.
Serve with roasted mushrooms and sweet potato puree.