Recipe Provided ByAmerican Lamb Board
- 24 slices griddled sourdough bread
- 1-1/2 cups Creamy Garlic Aioli (recipe follows)
- 3 cups arugula leaves
- 24 slices tomato, thinly sliced
- 36 slices avocado
- 36 slices American Lamb bacon, cooked until crisp
Creamy Garlic Aioli (1-1/2 cups):
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mashed roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons green or red pepper sauce
Place 2 grilled slices of bread on a clean, dry surface. Spread top of each slice with 1 tablespoon Creamy Garlic Aioli. Top one slice with 1/4 cup arugula leaves, 2 slices tomato and 3 avocado slices. Place 3 crisp slices of lamb bacon on top; place other slice of bread Aioli-side down onto top of bacon; press gently to adhere. Cut into 2 halves or 4 quarters; use a food pick in each section to keep it from falling apart.
For the Creamy Garlic Aioli: In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice, lime zest and pepper sauce. Place in a covered container; chill.