Recipe Provided ByAmerican Lamb Board
- 3/4 pound American Lamb leg meat, roasted, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 36 grape tomatoes
- 36 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 36 rosemary stems, 3 to 4 inches, picked clean to 1 inch
- Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 4 cups micro or mixed greens
- 2 cups hummus
- 24 toasted pita chips
Thread lamb, cheese, onion, tomato and olive onto each rosemary stem. Arrange three skewers on plate. Serve with micro greens, hummus and pita chips. Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette.
Lemon Vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, combine 2 ounces lemon juice, 1 sliced shallot, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon oregano leaves and 2 teaspoons chopped garlic. Blend on high and slowly add 6 ounces of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.