Recipe Provided ByChef George Kyrtatas
12, 2 skewers each
- 4 pounds ground American Lamb
- 1 medium small red onion, peeled, finely diced
- 3 ounces lime juice
- 3 bunches flat leaf parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Sea or kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 pita bread rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 teaspoon sumac, ground
- 1-1/2 quarts minted citrus-fennel-couscous salad
Mix together lamb, onion, lime juice and parsley. Season with coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, allspice, cardamom, salt and pepper. Refrigerate lamb mixture to chill. Once chilled, shape into 24 approximately 3-ounce flattened patties. Wrap around skewers. Grill or cook in skillet with a little oil until done, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Brush pitas with olive oil and sprinkle with sumac. Toast or grill until crisp. Break into chips.
Serve with a chilled salad of couscous seasoned with thinly shaved fennel bulb, orange peel and juice, olive oil and torn fresh mint. If desired, garnish with orange and grapefruit slices.