Recipe Provided ByThe Curious Plate
- 1 large baguette, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for drizzle
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless American Lamb steaks (1/2 pound each)
- 2 teaspoons Za’atar seasoning
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 2 tablespoons red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Crumbled feta, for garnish
Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place baguette cubes on the baking sheet; drizzle tops with oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 275°F for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly golden brown; remove the cubes and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
Season each side of lamb steaks with 1/2 teaspoon Za’atar seasoning, salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat a little oil; sear steaks 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until a nice crust has appeared. Remove skillet from heat; place in 400°F oven and continue to cook about 7 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°F for medium. Remove skillet from oven; place steaks on a cutting board to cool.
In a large bowl, combine baguette cubes, tomatoes, cucumber, peas, onion, basil and mint. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad; toss. Place the salad on a serving tray. Cut cooled lamb steaks into 1-inch cubes; place atop salad and garnish with feta.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest