Recipe Provided By"Platings and Pairings"
- 12 American Lamb loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mint Mustard Sauce
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
Let American Lamb loin chops sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add oil and garlic. Allow to heat for 5 minutes, until oil is fragrant. Remove from heat; set aside.
Brush chops on both sides with the garlic oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan; broil chops on high 5 to 8 minutes each side. Let rest for up to 10 minutes, tented with foil.
For the Mint Mustard Sauce: In a food processor or blender, add mustard, vinegar, honey and horseradish; turn on, and stream in remaining oil and garlic. Add mint; process until finely chopped.
Serve chops with Mint Mustard Sauce on the side.
- Optional grilling instructions: Spray grill with olive oil spray. Brush chops on both sides with garlic oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Grill chops on high 3 minutes (covered) or until good grill marks appear. Spray the top of chops with spray olive oil; turn over. Reduce heat to medium; grill another 3 minutes. Place fatty edge of chops on the grill, so they are sitting upright, on their side, leaning against each other. Cover; grill another 2 minutes or so, to melt off the fatty layer. (These can also be cooked through on lower heat if preferred.) Remove from grill; cover with foil until ready to serve.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest