Recipe Provided By"Two Purple Figs"
- 1.5 pounds American Lamb shoulder -deboned and cut into an inch and a half pieces (you can also use pre-cubed lamb stew meat).
- 4 cups of chopped potatoes or baby potatoes
- 1 red onion, (finely diced)
- 5 cloves of garlic, (minced)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Fresh baby tomatoes (optional)
Preheat the grill at medium heat or the oven at 420 degrees F.
Cut out 4-5 foil sheets approximately 9 by 13-inch size.
In a large bowl, toss the lamb, potatoes and remaining ingredients.
Divide the lamb potato mixture among the 4 foil sheets and fold over the edges of the foil to form a packet.
Place the packets on the grill or in the oven on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Serve with your favorite garnishes and enjoy!
Foil Packet Tips:
Make sure the lamb chunks and potatoes are approximately the same size.
Season the lamb and potatoes together in the same bowl ( garlic, onion, herbs, lemon juice, and your favorite spices).
Feel free to add extra veggies here: corn, red pepper chunks, green beans, carrots, and your favorite!
Cut the foil into about 9 by 13-inch sheets. If you have a pan of this size, it would be easy to use it as a guide.
Divide the mixture and wrap each foil while sealing the edges.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest