Recipe Provided By"A Brown Table"
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili powder, or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 12 American Lamb chops, about 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, quartered, cut into wedges
In a small bowl, mix garam masala, cumin, salt and chili powder.
Pat American Lamb dry with clean paper towels; rub seasoning over both sides of the chops. Place lamb on a tray; cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes (maximum 1 hour) at room temperature.
Heat grill to high. Drizzle oil over the chops. When the grates are hot, place the chops on the hot grates; cook on each side for about 3 to 3-1/2 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (rare) or 160°F (well done). Remove chops from grill; cover, and allow to rest 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest