Recipe Provided ByAmerican Lamb Board
- 2 pounds American Lamb loin chops (4 chops cut 1-1/2 inches thick or 8 thinner chops)
- 1 pound cocktail tomatoes on the vine, or cherry tomatoes, skewered
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces pitted Kalamata olives, smashed with the side of a knife and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- Pita or crusty bread, for serving
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
For the Marinade: Combine oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pat loin chops dry with paper towels; season them generously on both sides with salt. Place chops in a shallow dish that will just fit them in a single layer. Rub marinade into the American Lamb chops to coat evenly on all sides. Cover loosely; marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours at room temperature, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat or build a hot fire in a charcoal grill; brush grates clean. Rub tomatoes with 1 teaspoon of oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Allow excess marinade to drip off the chops; place them on the hottest part of the grill. Place the tomato vines or skewers around the perimeter of the grill and close the lid. Cook the chops, turning once, until nicely charred on both sides and the internal temperature of each reaches 130°F to 135°F on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare, about 5 minutes per side. Cook tomatoes until softened and lightly charred, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Transfer grilled chops and tomatoes to a large platter; cover loosely with foil to rest while you prepare the salad. (The internal temperature will increase to 145°F.)
In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, vinegar and a big pinch of salt. Add olives; toss to combine.
To serve: Mound the salad in the center of a large serving platter; sprinkle the cheese over the top. Arrange the grilled chops and tomatoes around the edge of the platter, partially over the salad, and serve immediately, with pita or crusty bread.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest