Recipe Provided By"Feasting at Home"
4 to 6
- 1 American Lamb rack, about 2 pounds
Harissa Spice Rub
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon whole caraway seeds, optional
- Zucchini, summer squash, bell pepper, onion, eggplant, mushrooms, etc.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, optional
- 15 to 20 fresh torn mint leaves or Italian parsley, for garnish
- Grain, quinoa, basmati rice or couscous
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Cut American Lamb rack into single chops or portions; pat dry.
For the Harissa Spice Rub: In a shallow bowl large enough to fit a lamb chop, mix together cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic, salt, mint and caraway seeds. Dip both sides of each chop, as well as the fatty edge, into the Harissa Spice Rub. Tap off excess spices; place chops on a sheet pan.
Lightly toss vegetables with oil, salt and pepper. Grill these first, then set aside until serving.
Spray grill with olive oil spray. Grill lamb 3 minutes covered or until good grill marks appear. Spray the top of the chops with olive oil; turn over. Reduce heat to medium; grill 3 minutes. Place the fatty edge of the chops on the grill, so they are sitting upright on their sides and leaning against each other. Cover; cook another 2 minutes to melt off the fatty layer. Remove from grill, cover with foil until ready to serve.
For the Harissa Yogurt: In a bowl, combine yogurt with harissa paste; start conservatively, add more to taste. Add paprika to increase smoky flavor, if desired.
To serve: Cut grilled vegetables into bite-size pieces; place on a platter. Top with grilled chops, garnish with fresh mint leaves. Place Harissa Yogurt on the side or spoon a little on each chop. Serve with a cooked grain like quinoa, basmati rice or couscous.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest