Recipe Provided By"The Curious Plate"
4 to 6
- 4 dill sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless leg of American Lamb, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 2-inch squares
- 2 large yellow squash, cut into 2-inch squares
- 2 red onions, cut into 2-inch squares
In a food processor, add dill, garlic, onion, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper; pulse until pureed. Place the lamb cubes in a zip-tight bag; pour marinade over the lamb. Refrigerate lamb for at least 4 hours.
Remove lamb from fridge; let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before grilling. If using wooden skewers now would be a good time to soak them in water to keep them from burning on the grill.
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. To assemble kabobs, fill skewers alternating, zucchini, squash, onion and lamb until all ingredients have been used. Grill skewers rotating lamb on all sides until cooked to desired doneness, about 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Serve alongside couscous and tzatziki.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest