Recipe Provided ByAmerican Lamb Board
4 to 6
- 2 to 3 pounds boneless American Lamb leg, fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 peaches, firm but ripe, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 whole jalapeño peppers
- 4 to 6 skewers
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons agave or honey
For the Marinade: In a large, plastic zip top bag, combine orange, chipotle, oil, garlic salt and agave or honey.
Add lamb to marinade in bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours. If using wooden skewers, place in shallow dish, cover with water and set aside.
Thread marinated lamb, peach and onion on skewers. Heat gas grill to high. Brush kabobs with oil, or spray lightly with oil spray; place skewers and jalapenos on the hot grill. Cover and cook, turning kabobs and peppers occasionally, until each side has grill marks and lamb is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes or until lamb reaches 160°F for medium doneness.
Remove skewers from grill and serve.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest