Recipe Provided ByPlatings & Pairings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, (quartered)
- 1 clove garlic, (peeled)
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds American lamb loin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes (or lamb leg, shoulder or stew meat)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a blender, combine the oil, onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt and puree until smooth. Transfer the marinade to a resealable plastic bag and add the lamb. Seal and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Drain the lamb, shaking off the excess marinade. Thread the lamb onto 4 long skewers. Grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 5 minutes for medium-rare meat.
Note: The USDA recommends that lamb reach an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F with a 3-minute rest
Add yogurt, Tahini and lemon juice to a large bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
In a small skillet, toast the sesame seeds and cumin seeds until fragrant.
Spread the sesame sauce on a large serving plate and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with toasted seeds, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Arrange the grilled lamb skewers on top. Serve.