Recipe Provided By"Nik Sharma"
- 1 pound (455 g) ground American lamb
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground green cardamom
- 2 tablespoons ghee, olive oil, or neutral oil for frying
Place the lamb, shallot, ginger, and garlic in a medium mixing bowl and mix with a fork. In a small bowl, mix the chickpea flour, black pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin, chili, salt, and cardamom till smooth and free from lumps. Sift the dry ingredients over the meat in the bowl and fold to combine. Divide the mixture into 12 round balls and shape using greased hands to flatten and form 1 inch [2.5cm] wide discs, place the kebabs on a clean plate.
Line a tray with absorbent paper towels. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the kebabs in batches, about 2 ½ to 3 minutes on each side, till the bottoms begin to turn a darker shade of golden brown. Transfer the cooked kebabs to the lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Serve hot or warm with rice or flatbread and a salad or pickled vegetables.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest