Recipe Provided By"Clean Eats & Treats"
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive tapenade, premade
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tablespoon marjoram
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 brioche hamburger buns, toasted
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Set grill to high, 450°F, with lid up. Once smoking, close the lid and allow to pre-heat, about 15 minutes.
For the Lamb Burgers: In a large mixing bowl, add lamb, egg, garlic, bread crumbs, parsley, tapenade, mint, marjoram, rosemary, salt and pepper; mix with your hands, being careful not to over work the meat mixture. Form mixture into 4 patties; press your thumb into the center of each. Set aside.
Place the burgers on the grill; cook until a crust forms, about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or about 5 minutes per side for well done. Only flip once. Transfer burgers to a plate to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
For the Whipped Feta: In a food processor, add feta, cream cheese and lemon juice; process until smooth.
To serve: Place burgers on buns; top with a generous smear of whipped feta. Layer lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. Serve immediately.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest