Recipe Provided By"Cooking with Cocktail Rings"
1 hr 30 min
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless American Lamb loin chops, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 heads baby bok choy, sliced
- 1/2 pound flat lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons chili oil
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add Sichuan peppercorns, cumin and coriander; toast, shaking pan occasionally, until spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove spices to a mortar and pestle; coarsely grind and set aside. Toss lamb with spice mixture and black pepper; let marinate for at least 1 hour.
In a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, add oil; heat through. Add garlic, shallots and ginger; sauté until shallots are tender, about 4 minutes. Add lamb; cook, stirring occasionally until browned, about 6 minutes. Add bok choy; remove from heat.
In a large pot of boiling water over medium-high heat, cook noodles until tender, about 7 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together chili oil, rice wine, soy sauce, brown sugar and red pepper flakes.
Add noodles and sauce to the lamb; toss to combine. Toss with green onion and cilantro; serve.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest