Recipe Provided By"The Modern Proper"
5 hrs 20 min
- 4 pounds American Lamb shoulder, bone in
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Basmati rice, for serving
- Plain yogurt, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Naan, for serving
Generously season shoulder steaks with salt and pepper.
Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat; add in oil. Working with half of the American Lamb shoulder steaks, brown both sides; set aside. Finish with remaining steaks.
In a large slow cooker, add in tomatoes, garlic, onion, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, and 1 teaspoon salt; stir until just mixed together. Fit browned lamb into the liquid and cover; cook on high for 4 hours.
Add cauliflower after 3 hours of cooking; give everything a good stir.
Serve cauliflower over warm rice with a scoop of yogurt and fresh cilantro.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest