Recipe Provided By"Lindsey Eats"
Spicy American Lamb Kofta
- 2 pounds ground American Lamb
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 yellow onions, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 skewers
Cilantro Mint Chutney
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder, or fresh ginger
- Mint, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine lamb with garlic, onions, parsley, mint, cilantro, pepper, salt, chili flakes and cayenne; refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Split lamb mixture into 10 parts. Place lamb on skewers, hugging tightly all around and pinch edges where the lamb meets the skewer.
Heat grill to medium (about 325°F). Grill for 4 to 6 minutes on each side until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
For Cilantro Mint Chutney: In a blender or food processor, add water, pine nuts, cilantro, lemon juice, jalapeño, garlic powder, sugar, ginger powder, mint, salt and pepper; pulse or blend until chutney forms.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest