Recipe Provided By"Running to The Kitchen"
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 head broccoli rabe, chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked cavatappi (or other similar shaped pasta)
- Chopped mint, chopped basil, grated parmesan
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and American lamb; break up lamb into small pieces as it cooks. Cook until browned; some fat can be drained if desired. Add paprika, cumin, coriander, fennel, salt and pepper; stir to combine with the lamb. Add garlic, onion and thyme; stir and cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and harissa paste; stir until incorporated and cook 1 minute. Add broth, tomatoes and broccoli rabe; stir again until combined.
Cover the skillet; let cook until broccoli rabe is fork tender, about 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta; stir to combine and heat through.
Garnish with freshly chopped mint, basil and grated parmesan cheese before serving.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest