Recipe Provided By"Rustic Joyful Food"
- 8 American Lamb loin chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 rosemary stems
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
- 1 bunch lemon thyme, 3 to 4 sprigs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium red onion, French cut, thinly sliced
- 2 tart, firm apples, such as Pink Lady, Fuji or Granny Smith, cored, thinly sliced
Heat a cast iron or non-stick heavy-bottom skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Melt butter in the pan; sear chops in 2 batches for 2 minutes per side. Add rosemary, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; reduce heat to medium. Baste chops with herbs and garlic butter; use a spoon to pour the juices over the chops while the pan is tilted away from you. Do not burn the butter or drippings. Remove chops to rest; add onions and apples to the pan. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until apples are tender and translucent and onions begin to caramelize.
Serve lamb chops with apples and onions alongside a green salad or couscous.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest