Recipe Provided By"Foxes Love Lemons"
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground American Lamb
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 English cucumbers, diced
- Pita chips, for serving
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add American Lamb and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until lamb is cooked through, breaking up lamb with side of spoon. During last minute of cooking, stir in coriander, chili powder, cumin, salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Let cool 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together yogurt, mint and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Divide lamb between 12 pint-sized mason jars. Divide yogurt mixture over lamb. Top with tomatoes and cucumbers. Serve with pita chips.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest