Recipe Provided By"The Curious Plate"
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 lemon, (zested and juiced)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground, to taste
- 4 thick (3/4-inch) American lamb shoulder chops
In a mixing bowl combine the olive oil, oregano, dill, mint, garlic, lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Take the marinade and pour into a large Ziploc bag. Add the lamb shoulder chops to the bag, seal, and then gently massage the marinade into the lamb. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight for best results.
Heat the grill to medium-high heat. While the grill heats, bring your lamb shoulder chops to room temperature. Next, place the chops on the grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Once the chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, you will need to let them rest for a minimum of 3 minutes to finish cooking. Slice, serve, and enjoy!