Recipe Provided By"Eva Kosmas Flores"
For the Lamb
- 2.5 pounds bone-in T-bone American lamb loin chops
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Cilantro Pesto
- 12 pitted green olives
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Herbed Feta
- 1/2 pound Feta in brine
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
For the grilled lamb, whisk together all of the ingredients except the lamb to create the marinade. Place the lamb in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate. Allow to marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
For the cilantro pesto, blend all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender or food processor starting at medium low speed. Add the olive oil while blending in a steady thin stream until incorporated. Blend until the mixture is relatively smooth, like hummus.
For the herbed Feta, crumble the Feta in a medium bowl, then toss with the cilantro and lemon zest.
To prepare, heat your grill to medium. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill until browned on each side – approximately 3-4 minutes per side until desired doneness.*
Served with the cilantro pesto and the herbed Feta.