Recipe Provided By"Zestful Kitchen"
- 2 1/2 pounds American lamb loin chops, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 lemons, (one zested and both juiced)2 tablespoons fennel or cumin seeds, crushed (I like a mix of both) plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, (chopped plus more for serving)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 fennel bulb, (cored and thinly sliced, fronds reserved)
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs such as reserved fennel fronds, cilantro, mint and/or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sumac
- Flaky sea salt, extra-virgin olive oil, and Greek yogurt for serving
Pierce lamb chops with a fork all over; season with salt and pepper.
Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon zest, 2 tablespoons fennel and/or cumin seeds, 2 tablespoons oregano, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
Add lamb loin chops and toss to coat evenly. Cover and chill for 2 hours or up to overnight.
Let meat come to room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, toss sliced fennel with 2 tablespoons lemon juice; season with salt and set aside. Heat a grill to medium-high (375 degrees F). Brush grill grate clean, then brush with oil to coat.
Grill chops 5–6 minutes per side until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the centers, but not touching the bone, registers 145 degrees F. Let rest for 3 minutes.
Add cup if mixed herbs to sliced fennel mixture; transfer to a serving platter then arrange lamb loin chops on top. Sprinkle lamb and fennel with ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds, sumac, and flaky sea salt. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with additional Greek yogurt.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest