Recipe Provided By"Girl Carnivore"
- 2 pounds boneless leg of American Lamb or lamb roast, trimmed and cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 cup harissa in oil (or 4 tablespoons dry Harissa seasonings and 1/2 cup olive oil)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 fresh summer squash, washed, cut into 1/4-inch coins
- 2 fresh zucchini, washed, cut into 1/4-inch coins
- 1 large onion, cut into large 1-inch wedges
- 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, stemmed,seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kabob skewers
Combine the lamb with the harissa; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper; allow to marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
Preheat grill and clean grill grate.
On a clean work surface, arrange the squash, zucchini, onion, peppers, lamb and skewers. Thread the skewers, alternating lamb and veggie combos to fill each skewer. Arrange kabobs over the hot grill; cook until lamb is done and vegetables have a bit of char and are tender, rotating as you cook.
Carefully remove from the grill and arrange on a platter to serve.
Serve with fresh grilled naan bread, fruits, olives and couscous salad, if desired.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest