Recipe Provided By"The Food Joy"
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1-1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Lamb Meatballs: In a medium to large-sized mixing bowl, add egg; lightly whisk. Add bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, cumin, paprika, pepper, cayenne and garlic; mix until evenly combined. Add lamb; mix using hands until well combined.
Roll out about 2 tablespoons meat to form an even ball; repeat with remaining mixture. (Coat hands with olive oil to avoid stickiness.) Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet; cook at 425°F for about 15 to 20 minutes, until browned on the outside and cooked throughout.
For the Harissa Yogurt: In a bowl, combine yogurt, harissa paste and lemon juice; add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To serve: Drizzle Harissa Yogurt over the top of the meatballs, or use toothpicks to dip each meatballs into the sauce.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest