Recipe Provided By"Cooking with Cocktail Rings"
- 1-1/2 pounds ground American Lamb
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pitas, halved
- 1/2 cup tzatziki
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (packed) cup baby spinach
For the Lamb Burger: In a large mixing bowl, add lamb, parsley, oregano, mint, salt, dill and pepper; using your hands, gently mix. Form into 4 equal patties.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Place patties on the grate; grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare burgers. Remove to a wood cutting board to rest.
For serving: Open each half of a pita; spread a spoonful of tzatziki on the inside of the pocket then add a patty. In a small bowl, stir together feta and sun-dried tomatoes. Divide the mixture among the pitas; top with red onion and spinach. Serve immediately.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest