Recipe Provided By"The Adventure Bite"
- 1 pound ground American lamb
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, (minced finely)
- 1 slice of bread, (chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, (chopped finely)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 purple onions, (sliced)
- Fresh sprigs of thyme,
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful fresh parsley, (chopped)
- Handful cilantro, (chopped)
- 1 sheet puff pastry, (thawed)
- 1 egg, (beaten), for brushing the pastry
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 large fresh eggs
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
Set oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix together the bell peppers, purple onions, thyme sprigs and spices (cumin and coriander) in a bowl. Add the olive oil and toss well so that everything is coated with the oil and spices.
Spread on a baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, stirring and rearranging the veggies a few times so they don’t burn. When veggies are done roasting, sprinkle them with half the fresh herbs (parsley and cilantro) and set aside.
While veggies roast, make lamb mixture. Mix everything together (ground lamb, 1 egg, onion, bread, cilantro, garlic, black pepper, cumin, garam masala, salt, curry powder, cayenne) well. Form tiny meatballs in your hand. Heat 1tbsp oil in saucepan and cook meatballs over medium high heat until well-cooked approximately 8-10 minutes.*
* Note: USDA recommends ground lamb reach an internal temperature of 160F.
Turn the oven up to 425 degrees F. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface until it reaches a 12×12 circle. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
Brush all over with a beaten egg. Spread a layer of sour cream on top of the pastry.
Top with the roasted veggies. Leave 4 shallow depressions for the eggs (one in each quarter of the galette), which will go in later.
Crimp crust around galette, brush with egg wash and add parmesan cheese to crust.
Bake for about 10 minutes until rising and starting to brown.
Remove the pan from the over. Carefully arrange lamb meatballs and carefully crack eggs into the four depressions.
Put back into the oven for about 10 minutes (or until the eggs are set).
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining herbs. Drizzle with some good olive oil, slice and eat right away!