Recipe Provided By"Platings and Pairings"
- 2.5 pounds boneless leg of American Lamb
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2. teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 petite white potatoes, halved
- 1 ted onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound of items from olive bar (black and green olives, cherry pepper, sun dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, etc.)
- 1 Pound Campari tomatoes on the vine, or grape, or cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
One hour prior to cooking remove the American lamb from fridge.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange potatoes, red onion, olive bar items, tomatoes and sliced lemon on a rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, with Dijon mustard, rosemary, oregano, onion powder and black pepper. Rub the mixture over the American lamb roast.
Roast until an instant-read thermometer registers 135 degrees F for medium rare, or 145 degrees F for medium. Transfer the American Lamb to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
USDA recommends the following time and temperature parameters
Internal temperature of 160°F
All Other Cuts
Internal temperature of 145°F, with a 3 minute rest